DWK Council Highlights
June 26, 2012
Shannon Lake Pub
Council gave first and second readings to a Zoning Bylaw Amendment to amend the Neighbourhood Commercial (C2) zoning of property at 3099 Shannon Lake Road to add a site specific us of a neighbourhood pub. The property is located at the intersection of Shannon Way and Shannon Lake Road. The site currently contains a variety of small businesses and is adjacent to a hydro substation, a vacant multi-family zoned property and Kinsmen Park. The proposal is aligned with the Official Community Plan and is supported by Council’s Advisory Planning Commission. The proposed development would result in pedestrian infrastructure improvements including sidewalks, street lighting and a bus shelter fronting Shannon Lake Road. The application will now be scheduled for Public Hearing pending receipt of a grading control plan and a functional servicing report.
Westbank Centre Revitalization
Council received a report on a recent open house for Westbank Centre business owners to gauge interest in forming a Business Improvement Area for Westbank Centre. Business Improvement Areas support community beautification, promotion, cleanliness and safety in a specific area. Approximately 43 people attended the May 31 meeting and the District will follow up with interested parties to explore options. Council also considered options for development incentives in Westbank Centre and agreed to defer this consideration until all current development reviews and parking initiatives are complete
Water Master Plan
Council received an update on the Water Master Plan currently being developed on contract by AECOM. The plan, slated to be complete in June 2012, has been delayed, largely due to recent flooding in the municipality. The draft plan is now expected to be ready for Council’s review in August. Stakeholder and public presentations will follow the Council presentation.
Road Rehabilitation 2012
Council received information on the 2012 Road Rehabilitation Program. Some modifications and additions were made to the road rehabilitation and pedestrian improvements programs since the Council presentation in April.
The core roads program is
• Lower Glenrosa Road (Glenway to Webber)
• Guidi Road (2715 Guidi to Trevor)
• Guidi Road (Hudson to Avondale)
• Trevor Road (Joyce to 1133 Guidi)
• Joyce Road (Trevor to end)
• Paula Road (Joyce to Michael)
• Horizon Drive (Aurora to Olympus)
• Shannon Lake Road (Bartley to bridge)
• Elliot Road (Main to Solar)
• Kelly Road (Sunnyside to Holmes)
• Stevens Road (Industrial to Marshall)
• Marshall Road (Stevens to end)
The core pedestrian improvements program is:
• Carrington Road (walkway to bus stop) – concrete sidewalk
• Brown Road (Mira Vista to Ingram) – concrete sidewalk
• Horizon Drive (Aurora to Olympus) – asphalt road widening
• Shannon Lake Road (Bartley to bridge) - asphalt road widening
• Lower Glenrosa Road (Glenway to Webber) - asphalt road widening
• Lower Glenrosa Road – (Glenway to Payter) – asphalt road widening
• Shannon Lake Road – Bridge to 300 m southbound (road works)
The 2012 Road Rehabilitation project including pedestrian improvements will cost approximately $2.6 million. The construction contract was awarded to Westlake Paving and Aggregates Ltd.
Council received the 2011 Statement of Financial Information (SOFI) Report which provides information on Council remuneration, staff remuneration over $75,000 and payments to suppliers over $25,000.
Cultural Master Plan
Council directed staff to proceed to a Request for Proposals for the District of West Kelowna Cultural Master Plan. The District will seek proposals from qualified consultants to provide specialized planning, consultation and project coordination services that will lead to the delivery of a Cultural Master Plan that reflects other guiding documents including the Official Community Plan, Westbank Centre Revitalization Plan and the Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
Questionable Content? Click here to report it to the webmaster.
Popular Blog Articles